Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Of Dry Feet And Bad Skin

I have yet to meet an individual who is completely in love with who they are, where they're going and who they want to be. Still hoping I'll receive that first class Honors at the end of my tenure at University but I do believe that I have basically no time left to decide what I am going to do with the rest of my life. (I have a general idea but I don't have a detailed map yet)I want to go to Cuba on a Scolarship to learn Spanish for a year. Then I want to go to... some university (not UWI) where I can do my masters in forensic and clinical psychology. I still have my student's loan to pay back and I need to get a job to do that. I'm not worried about who I'm going to be because hell I'm half way there already. I'm worried that I wont get the chance to be me, do me, experience all there is to experience as me. I want to go on that European tour I've been promising myself. I want to travel to Asia and go to Africa, see where my fore fathers came from (cry a little for them, for me and for the people there now who are just trying to live their lives through) Je veux apprendre au francais et l'allemand couramment. I want to spend a couple euros on a french painter's depiction of me in front of the Eiffel Tower. I don't want to do it alone either. If I so happen to be with someone I hope it's someone I love and I'll love them forever because they lived that dream with me. I want to wear scarves in Rome and heels on the streets of Vienna. I want to go to Las Vegas and win $1000 drink a peach martini then go to my room and order pizza and burgers from room service. I want to work in an office in Spain open up my practice and wear dashing reds and vivid blues to work every day. I want to see the sun set in the Serengetti possibly see a lion in its own habitat and marvel at how beautiful it is. My dreams seem so big sometimes and I'm sure going to work as hard as hell to make them come true....So should you.

No comments: