Saturday, August 30, 2008
I don't want to come off as judgmental asshole. I love that our lives are so different, our belief systems so diverse I love that, if everyone were the same life would be unbearable but that doesn't mean I want or am going to be like you. I won't agree with everything you say, lets just agree to disagree in that instance.
On a much lighter note Queerty Knows Best is coming at you once more... ENJOY!
Friday, August 29, 2008
Thats what it feels like,
like a piece of my flesh is gone.
I can't pinpoint the place of it's gaping hole
but I feel it everywhere.
It's location changes,
sometimes a drop in my stomach,
a pang in my heart,
a cloying in my throat,
a threat of tear in my eye.
And my view changes.
The pain of my missing pound
is making the world different in my eyes.
I can't concentrate on the blue sky,
the brown skin
You've stolen all my gifts.
I can no longer appreciate a sigh,
I loved to sing.
but receive only blank stares
as if you have no idea
what I'm about
what I mean.
Give it back.
Give me back my flesh,
Title pic -
Title pic is HILARIOUS! and self made...
PN - Gustav destroyed the place where I used to live just showing you that when things happen they happen for a reason and you should thank God for life and just move the fuck on.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
"I just wanna be loved,
like everybody else does,
I just wanna be loved,
I just wanna be loved..."
Jill Scott "Wanna Be Loved"
So fitting, so appropriate. I wanna be on my own making mistakes, making love, making heartbreak, having one night stands, regretting it lying down and never wanting to get up. I miss a life I've never had and I want it back.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
- Ele we understand the flossing is the flossing but why you have to be the one to have the tropical fruit bubbilicious color Range... Weh Yu Mean? The outfits I've seen you wearing lately, the colors...I can't. I can just imagine seeing you step out of that yellow Range Rover with those floral scarves you insist on wearing around your neck, you are indeed a whole episode of Sesame Street on your own. Broomie!
- Ninjaman is that Bounty sex tape real because if so...Grung Gadd you need the bullet proof skin yah now. Imagine a sex tape wid di Warlord? Cross, Angry...Eh yow yalow! HEHEHEHE! Weh Yu Mean?
- How me nuh hear nutten bout the girl weh dead a ATI/RTI? Weh Yu Mean? Sponsors a fraid unu fraid fi let the people know seh the girl drink herself to death? Sometimes thge price you pay for wisdom is too high.
- Speaking of the Emancipendence weekend I heard the venture was a fair flop... Weh Yu Mean? The promoters say that more people showed up but from the reports I've received I am disinclined to believe that. Oh well...To all those who neva pay a dime, big up unu self (JOKAAs (or is it VAAJ?) in the building!)
- How Kartel a go so hard wid the endorsements? Every where him go him have a bottle of Vybz Rum, the Daggerrin condoms soon bus, reportedly 2 albums a drop this fall and him a mash up stage shows a yard and abroad...Weh yu Mean? You really Want Money fi Spend, Spend...
- I have one bone of contention...QQ what kind of tight V-neck, skin tight pants foolishness you gwaan wid at the Emancipendence celebration at the National Stadium? Weh Yu Mean? I just could not take my eyes off you, I was in shock and puzzled wondering who dress you? Is your mother? Your little brother? Him lend you some of his clothes? Please stop.
Next up is Queerty Knows Best. Ladies and Gents get ready. Weak hearts do not enter...
Helge is absolutely gorgeous...*sigh*
How many times have I told Akimat I need an asian in my life?...Too many, Jack will surely do...
There's just something about Lane...Mmm Mmm Good!
Lane was too nice he had to come (wink) twice
Tattoo, in the nude, counter top? Check, check, CHECK! Micaiah come here!
I need a shy guy Allan seems to fit the bill...but wait click his pic for a surprise...
Now onto Movies I Saw Last Week. Ok It's been more than a week but you get it.
SEX AND THE CITY - Felt like I was watching the episodes rather than a movie but I liked it though mainly because I loved the series. The story was a little weak but it wasn't all that bad. 6.5/10
WANTED - Surprising find, this was an action filled mystery that takes you from emotion to emotion from begining to end. Nice summer blockbuster ina time when summer blockbusters are nonexistent. The way the story was told was what caught me. 8.5/10
CLOVERFIELD - I liked this movie and I didn't like it. I don't think I'm the only one who feels these conflicting emotions. I was left waiting, I'm still waiting for the conclusion. In that it's both genius and disastrous. Would I watch again? Prolly not. 5/10
MEET THE BROWNS - Tyler Perry again you dissappoint me. I never expected mindblowing but I didn't expect that. Save your money and your time. Buy the play of the same name instead thats a much better choice. 3/10
HELLBOY - Yes I know I'm late. So? This was a nice movie. I loved the story and the characters. I can't say theres any one thing that was really wrong with it. Very nice watch, looking forward to HellBoy 2. 7.5/10
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3: AT WORLD'S END - Meh...I could have done without this lackluster end to what seemed to be an amazing franchise. I repeat...Meh... 6/10
SPIDERMAN 3 - This was a while back but I remember liking the story and was really happy that Peter Parker stopped the cryin thing and was able to man up a little. LOVED Topher Grace as Venom, James Franco's cute but can we stop with the Daddy complexes already? 8/10
DEVIL WEARS PRADA - Cute movie, can't see where so much buzz came from though... The clothes were superb and Anne Hathaway was sweet. Meryl Streep, love her but not her best perormance. 6.5/10
TRANSFORMERS - Fits the blockbuster formula to the T. Kinda scruffy but cute lead actor, gorgeous but tough and emotionally scarred, obvious love interest of lead, lead actress, aliens. Perfect. The acting was good, story was fairly solid, if a bit shaky in explanations. The cinematography was magnificent. Nice summer movie. 7/10
OCEAN'S 13 - Not as good as the first two movies. Not a bad way to continue the franchise though. Pleasantly surprised. I love these movies for their innovative script and stories. Very funny, very witty movie. 8/10
THE DA VINCI CODE - I pretty subjective with this one because I really liked the book. Objectively the movie followed the book almost precisely, the acting was not top performance though and if you had not read the book the movie seemed to jump from scene to scene without much of an explanation. There was definately more explanation given for happenings than most book-movie pieces have given so that was a plus. 6/10
MR. & MRS SMITH - Another shocker but I really liked this movie. The chemistry between the leads is palpable. It really is. Both were funny, witty and not bad in the acting. 7.75/10
It was fun making this post. I'll try to do it more regularly. I hate 80% of the people at my job.
Today's title pic...
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
"First Habit by Akeina
I used to try to be more than myself,
I guess I shouldn't have tried.
I tried to do what I was told,
no, ordained to do, another fallacy of the mind.
Often times the eyes are what make it all seem real,
smoke and mirrors can never be SEEN.
I trust my heart,
my mind can follow,
I trust my soul,
the stuff magic tricks get stuck with.
I'm going to love the one i'm loving, loving, loving...
to non adherence,
resistance and love.
I decline to make decisions based on what I'm told is right...
I'm leaving the world of sycophantism behind.
Freedom is shouting my name
and I am replying with my own shout of
Today's title pic was easy to find... it seems we all have them...
Sunday, August 17, 2008
BREAKING THE HABIT by Linkin Park